GM 8 Lug 14 Bolt & Dana 70 Dual Rear Wheel Disc Brake Kit
Our Standard Kit Does Both Sides of the Axle, and Includes:
- Brackets, Grade 8 Mounting Hardware,Rotor Spacer, and 12 3/4" Vented Rotors.
Kits With Calipers Does Both Sides of the Axle, they include the above
- Kits that are ordered with the parking brake style calipers also include the flexible stainless steel brake lines, and cable housing extension tubes.
- Kits with non-parking brake calipers come with flexible stainless steel brake lines.
Kit Options Allow You to Upgrade Your Kit to Include:
- Calipers with Pads in Raw or Powder Coated Finish
- Black Powder, Red Powder coated brackets.
- Performance Dimpled and Slotted Rotors
Disc/ Disc Applications.
- IF you have ABS you shouldn’t need to do anything else providing the ABS system is working properly.
- Applications PRE-ABS running Disc/Disc brakes. The kit works with the stock master cylinders, if you are wanting a better pedal feel; the master cylinder needs to be changed out for a master cylinder made for disc/disc applications.
- We sell these master cylinders please see the link on this page.
Important Note for Installation
- To verify you are ordering the correct kit, measure your drum backing plate bolt hole spacing center to center on either your spindle/axle housing flange and compare to our spacing diagram.
- Because the dual rear wheel set up can be a challenge, our kit allows the use of the stock dual inter wheel 16" or bigger. We move the caliper in board so this can be done
- Drum weight 47 pounds. Disc weight 29 pounds. 18 pounds savings in unsprung and rotating weight per side.
- Fits most 16 Inch and Larger Dual Wheels
- Only fits 8 x 6 1/2" Wheel Lug Pattern
- When converting from drum to disk. You will need to cut and re-flair your existing hard brake line or bend new ones. These are not supplied.