1935-1942 Chrysler Desoto Dodge and Plymouth Car Front Disc Brake Kit
STOP BEFORE YOU ORDER YOU MUST VERIFY THE DRUM BACKING PLATE TO SPINDLE BOLT PATTERN! OUR KIT ONLY FITS THE SMALLER SPINDLE, OUR MEASUREMENT DIAGRAM IS ABOVE IN THE PICTURES.
Our Standard Kit Does Both Sides of the Axle, and Includes:
- Brackets, Grade 8 Mounting Hardware, Park Brake Housing Extension, and 11-1/4" Vented Rotors.
Front Disc Brake kits are Only Sold as Complete Kits
Kit Options Allow You to Upgrade Your Kit to Include:
- Calipers with Pads in Raw or Powder Coated Finish of Black or Red
- Black Powder, Red Powder coated brackets or Raw metal.
- Performance Dimpled and Slotted Rotors
Disc / Drum Applications.
- You need a Dual reservoir master cylinder that is Disc / Drum. If you already have that you may need to change your proportioning brake valve to Disc/Drum.
- If you are running the master cylinder on the frame rails. You will need the above along with 2lb residual valve to the front brakes (generally 2 one for each line) and 1- 10lb to the rear drum brakes.
- When running Disc/Drum we recommend a master cylinder bore size of 1"
Master Cylinders and Proportioing Valves can be found HERE
Important Note for Installation
- To verify you are ordering the correct kit, measure your drum backing plate bolt hole spacing center to center on either your spindle/axle housing flange and compare to our spacing diagram.
- Fits most 15 Inch and Larger Disc Brake (not drum) Style Wheels.
- Only fits 5 x 4 1/2"wheel lug pattern
- Does not fit stock 8 Cylinder.
- Will NOT fit 14" wheels.
- This kit will not fit the wide spaced four hole spindle. These are identified by the 4.50" on center. It will only fit the standard spindle with the top holes are spaced 3.50" on center.
- Save your original hubs & bearings. Our rotor slips over your stock hubs.
- When converting from drum to disk. You will need to cut and re-flair your existing hard brake line or bend new ones. These are not supplied.