1965-1983 AMC Front Disc Brake Kit
Our Kit Does Both Sides of the Axle, and Includes: Brackets, Grade 8 Mounting Hardware, 11 1/4" Vented Rotors, Calipers with 18" Stainless Flexible Lines.
Front Disc Brake kits are Only Sold as Complete Kits
Kit Options Allow You to Upgrade Your Kit to Include:
- Calipers with Pads in Raw or Powder Coated Finish
- Black Powder, Red Powder coated brackets or Raw Metal
- Performance Dimpled and Slotted Rotors
Disc / Drum Applications.
- You need a Dual reservoir master cylinder that is Disc / Drum. If you already have that you may need to change your proportioning brake valve to Disc/Drum.
- If you are running the master cylinder on the frame rails. You will need the above along with 2lb residual valve to the front brakes (generally 2 one for each line) and 1- 10lb to the rear drum brakes.
- Master Cylinders can be found HERE
Important Note for Installation
- To verify you are ordering the correct kit, measure your drum backing plate bolt hole spacing center to center on either your spindle/axle housing flange and compare to our spacing diagram.
- Fits most 15 Inch and Larger Disc Brake (not drum) Style Wheels.
- Will NOT fit 14" wheels.
- Only fits 5 x 4 1/2" Wheel Lug Pattern
- Save your original hubs & bearings. Our rotor slips over your stock hubs.
- When converting from drum to disk. You will need to cut and re-flair your existing hard brake line or bend new ones. These are not supplied.
- If you have the spindle with a .890 base you will have to either machine it to .520 or get the .520 spindles.