1947-1959 Chevy Truck 8 Lug Front Disc Brake kit
1947-1959 Chevy/GMC 3600 & 3800 8 Lug 3/4 Ton/1 Ton Complete Kit.
***MUST SELECT YOUR HUB TYPE/STYLE*** SINGLE WHEEL HUB OR HUB EXTENSION***
Our Standard Kit Does Both Sides of the Axle, and Includes: Brackets, Grade 8 Mounting Hardware, 12 3/4" Vented Rotors, Calipers with 18" Stainless Flexible Lines.
Rear Eaton Axle Kits can be found HERE
Front Disc Brake kits are Only Sold as Complete Kits
Kit Options Allow You to Upgrade Your Kit to Include:
- Calipers with Pads in Raw or Powder Coated Finish of Black or Red
- Black Powder, Red Powder coated brackets or Raw metal.
- Performance Dimpled and Slotted Rotors
Disc / Drum Applications.
- You need a Dual reservoir master cylinder that is Disc / Drum. If you already have that you may need to change your proportioning brake valve to Disc/Drum.
- If you are running the master cylinder on the frame rails. You will need the above along with 2lb residual valve to the front brakes (generally 2 one for each line) and 1- 10lb to the rear drum brakes.
- When running Disc/Drum we recommend a master cylinder bore size of 1”.
Master cylinder, brake boosters, proportioning valves can be found HERE
Important Note for Installation
Master Cylinder & Brake Boosters
- To verify you are ordering the correct kit, measure your drum backing plate bolt hole spacing center to center on either your spindle/axle housing flange and compare to our spacing diagram.
- Fits most 16" Single Disc Brake Style Wheels and larger.
- It will not fit 15" Single Disc Brake Style Wheels, 4x4 front axles or dual wheel front hubs.
- Only fits 8 x 6 1/2" Wheel Lug Pattern
- Our kit will not work if you have an after market steering arm displayed in the photos on this page.
- Our kit may fit as early as 1943 with a .920 King Pin. Measure spindle bolt pattern and confirm the king pin if earlier than 1947.
- Save your original hubs & bearings. Our rotor slips over your stock hubs.
- When converting from drum to disk. You will need to cut and re-flair your existing hard brake line or bend new ones. These are not supplied.