1946-1954 Chrysler Desoto Dodge and Plymouth Front Disc Brake kit
Chrysler Dodge Plymouth used right hand left hand bolts to hold wheels and tires on and pressed in studs. If you have right hand/left handed bolts you will need to have your hub drilled out to fit press in studs that we provide. This must be done after you receive the studs.You will need to know what you have along with your wheel lug spacing in order to purchase the correct kit to fit your application.
Our Standard Kit Does Both Sides of the Axle, and Includes: Brackets, Grade 8 Mounting Hardware, 11 1/4" Vented Rotors, Calipers with 14" Stainless Flexible Lines.
Front Disc Brake kits are Only Sold as Complete Kits
Kit Options Allow You to Upgrade Your Kit to Include:
- Calipers with Pads in Raw or Powder Coated Finish of Black or Red
- Black Powder, Red Powder coated brackets or Raw metal.
- Performance Dimpled and Slotted Rotors
Disc / Drum Applications.
- You need a Dual reservoir master cylinder that is Disc / Drum. If you already have that you may need to change your proportioning brake valve to Disc/Drum.
- If you are running the master cylinder on the frame rails. You will need the above along with 2lb residual valve to the front brakes (generally 2 one for each line) and 1- 10lb to the rear drum brakes.
- When running Disc/Drum we recommend a master cylinder bore size of 1”.
Master Cylinders, Proportioning Valves and Residual Valves can be found HERE
Important Note for Installation
- To verify you are ordering the correct kit, measure your drum backing plate bolt hole spacing center to center on either your spindle/axle housing flange and compare to our spacing diagram.
- Fits most 15 Inch and Larger Disc Brake (not drum) Style Wheels.
- Only fits 5 x 5 1/2" wheel lug pattern with 9" tall spindle
- Will NOT fit 14" wheels.
- Save your original hubs & bearings. Our rotor slips over your stock hubs.
- When converting from drum to disk. You will need to cut and re-flair your existing hard brake line or bend new ones. These are not supplied.