Mid 1948-1975 Jeep Dana-44 CJ-5 & Jeepster Rear Disc Brake Kit
***Before ordering, you need to measure the axle flange mounting bolt spacing. This is the part of the axle the drum brake backing plate bolts to. This is to insure you are ordering the correct kit.***
Our Standard Kit Does Both Sides of the Axle, and Includes:
- Brackets, Grade 8 Mounting Hardware, Park Brake Housing Extension,
Spacer Plates, and 11 9/16" Vented Rotors.
Kits With Calipers Does Both Sides of the Axle, they include the above
- Kits that are ordered with the parking brake style calipers also include the flexible stainless steel brake lines, and cable housing extension tubes.
- Kits with non-parking brake calipers come with flexible stainless steel brake lines.
Kit Options Allow You to Upgrade Your Kit to Include:
- Calipers with Pads in Raw or Powder Coated Finish
- Black Powder, Red Powder coated brackets.
- Performance Dimpled and Slotted Rotors
Disc/ Disc Applications.
- IF you have ABS you shouldn’t need to do anything else providing the ABS system is working properly.
- Applications PRE-ABS running Disc/Disc brakes. The kit works with the stock master cylinders, if you are wanting a better pedal feel; the master cylinder needs to be changed out for a master cylinder made for disc/disc applications.
- We sell these master cylinders please see the link on this page.
Important Note for Installation
Master Cylinders & Boosters
- To verify you are ordering the correct kit, measure your drum backing plate bolt hole spacing center to center on either your spindle/axle housing flange and compare to our spacing diagram.
- Fits most 15 Inch and Larger Disc Brake (not drum) Style Wheels.
- Only Fits 5 x 5 1/2" Wheel Lug Pattern.
- When converting from drum to disk. You will need to cut and re-flair your existing hard brake line or bend new ones. These are not supplied.